Post Your Bears

A couple of shots from Alaska this year

A97I2432-XL.jpg

A97I0947-XL.jpg

A female grizzly in Grand Teton NP, locally known as "Blondie", a year and a half ago. Shortly after we left (two weeks or so) her three cubs (not shown) were killed by a male grizzly. We were fortunate to see them when we did. They just seem to hang out near Leek's Marina entrance, on both sides, night after night for almost two weeks. Shot with a 5D4 and an 800mm, while kneeling on the center console of my truck, shooting through the sunroof. I wasn't going to get the sunroof when I ordered this truck, by my wife convinced me that that is where we get the best shots!

"Eyes of the Grizzly"

Eyes of the Grizzly - Dining Room.jpg

Last edited:
A female grizzly in Grand Teton NP, locally known as "Blondie", a year and a half ago. Shortly after we left (two weeks or so) her three cubs (not shown) were killed by a male grizzly. We were fortunate to see them when we did. They just seem to hang out near Leek's Marina entrance, on both sides, night after night for almost two weeks. Shot with a 5D4 and an 800mm, while kneeling on the center console of my truck, shooting through the sunroof. I wasn't going to get the sunroof when I ordered this truck, by my wife convinced me that that is where we get the best shots!

"Eyes of the Grizzly"

View attachment 10636
Beautiful

Thank you. It is one of my favorite shots of any bear in GTNP and I have framed and hanging in our formal dining room.

Back
Top Bottom