• ANNOUNCEMENT

We have added a Micro Four Thirds (M43) forum in the gear section.
    The Olympus gear forum has been merged with it.
    It's here

"Post your..." Ugh!

No, OhLook, they are not malware. They are Google cookies. Tracking cookies no doubt, because that is what Google does. And Youtube is Google. But you can also delete these cookies again after viewing something.
Thanks. I meant are they cookies for Google to warn users about possible malware in ads, things like that. I use YouTube freely when I get there on my own. I probably have the same cookies.

794 x 519 imnages with a largish "Flickr" in the top right hand corner if yu cursor is over it. If the OP intends to embed an image please make it at least 1024 on the lomgest side

794 x 519 imnages with a largish "Flickr" in the top right hand corner if yu cursor is over it. If the OP intends to embed an image please make it at least 1024 on the lomgest side
Martin, that is what flickr does if you copy the URL. It's not our doing and so we can't do anything about it. That's why it's better to copy the BBCode and paste it directly into the text editor.

I like the post yours. Makes for scenic cruisin'

Downside is it makes me feel incompetent.

Martin, that is what flickr does if you copy the URL. It's not our doing and so we can't do anything about it. That's why it's better to copy the BBCode and paste it directly into the text editor.
Exactly; that was what I thought. But, effectively, Focus is accepting Flickr ads without receiving any revenue. As I understand it, Focus has a strict no ads policy. Can anything be done about this?

Exactly; that was what I thought. But, effectively, Focus is accepting Flickr ads without receiving any revenue. As I understand it, Focus has a strict no ads policy. Can anything be done about this?
I suppose that's one way of looking at it. I just think of it as an ugly logo that doesn't do flickr any good. But then again, if you use the BBCode, you have the flickr text below the image and that too could be interpreted as advertisement, just as clicking on the image will take you to flickr. We have no way of doing anything about that. It's flickr. The only way to stop it, is to not allow images hosted at flickr and that is obviously not an option.

What you can do is remove the visible bits from the BBCode so the image is hotlinked. That way you have no flickr text and when you click on the image, it zooms in, instead of taking you to flickr. But that's up to people and not something we can enforce.

I suppose that's one way of looking at it. I just think of it as an ugly logo that doesn't do flickr any good. But then again, if you use the BBCode, you have the flickr text below the image and that too could be interpreted as advertisement, just as clicking on the image will take you to flickr. We have no way of doing anything about that. It's flickr. The only way to stop it, is to not allow images hosted at flickr and that is obviously not an option.

What you can do is remove the visible bits from the BBCode so the image is hotlinked. That way you have no flickr text and when you click on the image, it zooms in, instead of taking you to flickr. But that's up to people and not something we can enforce.
What a pity. I agree that we cannot exclude Flickr and folk are going to choose the easy option qnd not bother to edit the code that Flickr supplies. No doubt a clever coder could design a a filter for Focus but, as you have learned already, there are in short supply :(

What a pity. I agree that we cannot exclude Flickr and folk are going to choose the easy option qnd not bother to edit the code that Flickr supplies. No doubt a clever coder could design a a filter for Focus but, as you have learned already, there are in short supply :(
They are indeed in short supply, Martin. I wish we had somebody on the board who could help us with this.

You can post a link direct to the image rather than a link to the image page.

Code:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2k7CrQW][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50614481082_64702804ec_o.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2k7CrQW]zoo SC macaque baby C 7DII_112_07-07-16[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/holdingtank/]Lester W[/url], on Flickr

or 

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50614481082_64702804ec_o.jpg[/img]

zoo SC macaque baby C 7DII_112_07-07-16 by Lester W, on Flickr

or

50614481082_64702804ec_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom