• ANNOUNCEMENT

We have added a Micro Four Thirds (M43) forum in the gear section.
    The Olympus gear forum has been merged with it.
    It's here

Post wild animals of your country.

Peninsular Big Horn Sheep in Anza Borrego CA

i-qxP396R-X3.jpg

i-sCKHbbD-X3.jpg

Iguanas are now considered an invasive species in Florida and some municipalities are paying bounties on them. I remember seeing a documentary on tv about people shooting them with pellet guns and bb guns in some cities because they are such a problem. Like the pythons who have become such a huge problem in the Everglades and other areas of Florida, the iguanas have caused a lot of damage to certain areas.

Iguanas are now considered an invasive species in Florida and some municipalities are paying bounties on them. I remember seeing a documentary on tv about people shooting them with pellet guns and bb guns in some cities because they are such a problem. Like the pythons who have become such a huge problem in the Everglades and other areas of Florida, the iguanas have caused a lot of damage to certain areas.
You are absolutely right. Some smaller ones invade attics and chew wiring, an obvious fire hazard, plus they surely do other damage. There are several professional hunters who contract with communities or HOAs to remove (kill) the iguanas. The climate there is just too conducive to increasing populations of many pests.

Back
Top Bottom