Post your Bird Portraits

I really like this image, Ed. Amazing he was just "strutting on the beach"... Love the low angle. He seems to actually look down at you. :D

Wow. Amazing capture, Ed. Larger than life almost. And with the 800/11 no less. Just shows how well that lens can perform!
Thanks!!! I spent a lot of time the last three days lying flat on the ground with my little "frying pan pod" on the sand. I love the low angles but it takes a little work to make it happen!!!!

We spent almost three days at Ft Desoto (taking mid day off of course). The YCNH was walking along the beach with purpose, we were wondering where he was going that he couldn't fly. I followed him for a long time looking for the right BG and angle and tried to stay as low as possible, without the dunes getting in the way.

The oystercatcher is of the male of a pair nesting on the beach= a public beach. See "Birds in pairs" for a photo of the hand-off from female to male at the nest which is just a depression in the sand. A no frills hand off, for sure. This photo is when he wandered off from the restricted area out in the open on the beach but it still took 800mm and a crop to get this one!!

Back
Top Bottom