• ANNOUNCEMENT

We have added a Micro Four Thirds (M43) forum in the gear section.
    The Olympus gear forum has been merged with it.
    It's here

Get on your Bike 🚴

Thanks. I try to combine the two as much as possible. Even if I'm just out for a ride on a weekend, I'll bring the camera with me. I had some medical issues this year, and today was my first time out on the bike this year.

When I go to air shows, I try to park a few miles away and bike to the show. Most shows have remote parking and bus service, but it's a pain, especially at the end of the show when everybody heads back to the busses at the same time. The big shows on military bases don't allow people to walk or bike in. They want everybody coming in on the busses so they can be funneled through the security checkpoints.
I must get a rear carrier like yours Mike, the small bag round my shoulder is not ideal....

I must get a rear carrier like yours Mike, the small bag round my shoulder is not ideal....
The carrier I have is made by topeak, and it has a dovetail slot to accept various bags they make. I have one of their bags, but I don't use it often because I find it small, but then, I'm not one for packing light. Most of the time, I leave that home and use a 24l day pack. That lets me carry a good amount of gear and other stuff, without overdoing it on my back and shoulders.

If I take the Nikon Simon, it usually only has the 18-140 on it, my everyday lens
I see 🤩👍
So it's Nikon, or Google Pixel.
Sounds like a great combo for riding + shooting.
, the bike was cheap, an older ex display model they were selling off.
Great choice. 🚴‍♂️❤️
I've wondered about suspension bikes over the years, but always find them heavier than my folding bike.

Cheers for now,
Simon

Hang on, hang on...
...is this a cheeky post, John?

Were you really out for a ride? ☺️
Or were you using those terribly impractical, wobbly things, called legs? 🤣
My bad... was thinking this was a thread for people on bikes. I can delete if you like.

My bad... was thinking this was a thread for people on bikes. I can delete if you like.
No, no...
It's great to see you in here. 🤩👍

I just wondered, as I only recall that you go out with your family a lot.
And that's tricky on bikes.

Cheers,
Simon

That's the passage that runs underneath the Rijksmuseum.

When the museum was remodelled (which lasted some 10 years!) they wanted to do away with the passage, but the people of Amsterdam wouldn't hear of it. It's a shortcut from the city centre to the southern part of the city that has been there like forever and they didn't want to lose it. They won the argument, so it's still there.

Went to the National Zoo in Washington DC on Sunday. This isn't the main sign but there were too many people trying to take selfies by that one. So I went with this one instead.

View attachment 66042

Other pics here and here.
Lovely addition to the thread, Michael.
But that saddle looks like it would cut you in half! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I wish I had buttocks that strong.

Cheers for now,
Simon

Last edited:
Post #4 The final leg, en-route home, and I found this remarkably tiny and lonely tree with a massive orange hanging from it! 🍊
View attachment 22496

And last but not least, with my handy Olympus 60mm macro, these tiny flowers growing out of the concrete of a bridge caught my eye.
View attachment 22499
For a total of 11.6km.

Cheers for now,
Simon
Great capture

Back
Top Bottom