Rugby photos here

Season almost ending, and an Easter recess... but there was a local (catch-up) match this week. At night, so far from ideal lighting, but I was there to shoot, so I shot ;-) .

001-R52J7560_DxO.jpg002-R52J7847_DxO.jpg

Season running into its end overhere. Pictures from the last official home ladies match from my local club from last weekend:R51J8122_DxO.jpgR52J1550_DxO.jpg

Nice shot. Although the eyes/ face of the ball carrier are not visible, something many people find important with sports photos in general, I think with rugby the face of a tackler is part of the game, of which this photo is a good example.
(Personally I would crop this photo a lot tighter to get more attention on the action. It is off course personal preference or even ethics for some. In this case the environment in my opinion does not add to the photo and the bleechers in white with a hot spot in the middle tend to draw the eye there. But it might well be that the surroundings add to the photo for somebody else (for example a first or last play at a certain ground). Not intended as critisism on the photo, just my thoughts as in general I crop tighter myself.)

Nice shot. Although the eyes/ face of the ball carrier are not visible, something many people find important with sports photos in general, I think with rugby the face of a tackler is part of the game, of which this photo is a good example.
(Personally I would crop this photo a lot tighter to get more attention on the action. It is off course personal preference or even ethics for some. In this case the environment in my opinion does not add to the photo and the bleechers in white with a hot spot in the middle tend to draw the eye there. But it might well be that the surroundings add to the photo for somebody else (for example a first or last play at a certain ground). Not intended as critisism on the photo, just my thoughts as in general I crop tighter myself.)
None taken. I shot that game last night and just threw this one up as that is my son making the tackle. I also agree with you on the photos of the defensive players..... I will post more later. Thank you for the comments. BTW you will never hurt my feelings critiquing any of my photos. I am always looking to improve.

Back
Top Bottom