Post your Whiskey Photos

Is that a granite or stone surface? I noticed that perhaps it’s the same surface for some of your watch photos. Would love to see your setup.

Here is my setup for the marority of my still life shots.Primary light is a Alienbee B1600 with a 24x36 softbox camera left and the secondary light is an Alienbee B800 also with a 24x36 softbox camera right. For most shots the lights are set at their minimum settings.

IMG_6373A.jpg

A decent choice of Scotch malt whisky...

Menteith22Oct16_2146.jpg

A bit of trivia...

There is no e in Scotch whisky. In fact there is no e in whisky from any country, except for Irish whiskey, and US whiskey. But even then, not all American whiskies have an e, eg Maker's Mark whisky.

The members' bar in the Scotch Malt Whisky Society...

Maltie30Dec15_6039.jpg

Every bottle is a different single cask malt whisky, bottled unchillfiltered at cask strength.

A group of us did the tour of the new Port of Leith malt whisky distillery last week. It started production last October.

Milling the grist...

DistilleryCurry17Feb24_2051.jpg

The brewing bit...

DistilleryCurry17Feb24_2060.jpg

The distillation bit...

DistilleryCurry17Feb24_2063.jpg

The tasting bit...

DistilleryCurry17Feb24_2079.jpg

All we could do was compare their new make spirit with other things, as it will be 8 years until we can taste the product itself.

A Christmas present from my son: the smallest bottle of whisky he could find!
Scotch.jpg

Well, a bottle of 25 yo Glengoyne will set you back a minimum of $500 + tax... No wonder they come in such small bottles!:eek:
Over here a bottle of the 50 yo will set you back £22,500, but this one was the bog-standard 12 yo. I have to say that it tastes too much of coal gas for me.

Back
Top Bottom