I simply NEED to donate to forum funding

SkedAddled

Gold Member
Name
Craig
Image Editing
Yes
Okay, we've been live for a few weeks. Its been extremely good.

Just as I've made semi-regular contributions to POTN and MFLenses.com, and not just a dollar or two at a time,
I'd also like to contribute to keep THIS forum alive.

I think it's high time the Ladies and Lords of FoP put up a donation link for us unabashed and reckless users
to make some monetary contributions so that we may continue to abuse and enjoy this wanton and free-for-all
social forum which has come into being for us to redeem our self-important existence in the world of photography.

:love:

Craig,

First of all, we truly appreciate the sentiments you are expressing in your post. It is humbling to think that what started as a small effort by a handful of us desperate to find a suitable home could give such joy to so many people. Now, all we have to do is to get the rest of the folks to move over on Jan 1! 🙂

At the moment, the hosting dues for the next few months are paid, so we are on solid ground financially. We fully intend to set up a donation mechanism for our forum soon. We are working through the details, not just of the mechanics of the donation process but the tax implications of any funds received. Once we have those things sorted out, we will let everyone know.

Thank you once again! :namaste:

Craig,

First of all, we truly appreciate the sentiments you are expressing in your post. It is humbling to think that what started as a small effort by a handful of us desperate to find a suitable home could give such joy to so many people. Now, all we have to do is to get the rest of the folks to move over on Jan 1! 🙂

At the moment, the hosting dues for the next few months are paid, so we are on solid ground financially. We fully intend to set up a donation mechanism for our forum soon. We are working through the details, not just of the mechanics of the donation process but the tax implications of any funds received. Once we have those things sorted out, we will let everyone know.

I'm very pleased to know we're solvent for a couple of months, Sam.

But just as I did a short time after joining POTN, I'd like to include a static link to contributions
in my signature here(if those barriers can be expanded; I've been met with limits).

Please assure us that there will be a prominent indicator for when it goes live, as I'd like to
be one of the first contributors.

I imagine that some details need to be worked out, such as...
How to handle any excess funds accumulated by FoP (contributions - costs)...
  • a corporation or individual who takes responsibility of tax return filing (and to whose government income taxes are paid)
  • what fees to be paid to individual who files income tax statements in behalf of corporation
  • survivorship definition, in the event that person managing corporation/individual cease affiliation in the management role

Craig,

As someone who flatly refuses to use PayPal (spit) what other secure methods could be used...?

Okay, we've been live for a few weeks. Its been extremely good.

Just as I've made semi-regular contributions to POTN and MFLenses.com, and not just a dollar or two at a time,
I'd also like to contribute to keep THIS forum alive.

I think it's high time the Ladies and Lords of FoP put up a donation link for us unabashed and reckless users
to make some monetary contributions so that we may continue to abuse and enjoy this wanton and free-for-all
social forum which has come into being for us to redeem our self-important existence in the world of photography.

:love:

Thanks for asking this question. I was wondering how this would be handled, especially if there is a significant surge of new users and server costs start going up.

I am the one holding this up. I need to talk to my tax guy on how to set up the financial side of the forum so that none of us get on the wrong side of Uncle Sam. Since some of the people who were involved with setting up the forum are not US residents, it adds another wrinkle to the situation.

Anyway, the 2024 forum dues are fully paid for, so there is no time-critical funding need. I will be doing my personal taxes over the next few weeks, so l will take the opportunity to discuss the forum as well with my accountant.

Finally, and just as important, we want the funding process to be transparent to the forum members. None of us who worked on setting up Focus is interested in deriving income from the site and it is important to us that all the members can see that. So, the cash flow for the forum will be fully transparent to all members. We still need to figure out the best way to do this.

Once again, all of us at Focus deeply appreciate the love and support from the members. We will be sure to let everyone know once we have the donation capability set up.

Back
Top Bottom