Show Us Your Websites!

HannahsDad

POTN Refugee
Name
Scott
Image Editing
Yes
I "think" on POTN we used to have a thread where we could show our websites. Now, I spoke with Levina about opening this thread and here is what she said...

"There is no such thread at present. At least I don’t think so.

You are welcome to start a thread in Presentation and the Business of Photography, maybe titled: Show Us Your Website (just a suggestion).

Make sure to mention in your opening post that the thread is not meant for advertisement but just to show off one’s website.

It would also be a good idea to mention that this is the only thread where people can post a link to their website. In any other thread it would be considered soliciting for business and we don’t allow that.

One concern is spammers and how to keep them out. We need to look out for them. If a spammer is suspected please report them or pm one of us. We’re actually considering putting up a threshold for new members, like a minimum post count before they can post in the thread. But we can do that at any time. For now let’s see how it goes.

Levina
"

So, to be clear, this is NOT for advertising your website. Just posting a link to it for others to see. As you can see from her comments, they are making an exception in this thread for posting links to websites, so, let's make sure that we adhere to her rules.

I will start. I only do Landscape and Wildlife photography. I have started off my website using the Adobe website builder, but intend to develop my own domain and website in the future. I doubt I will ever sell my photographs. I mainly have this to show to family and interested friends.

So, if you have a website to show off, please feel free to post a link to the home page in this thread.

My "temporary" website: Scott Wilkes Photography

I spent quite a bit of time putting together a website on Adobe Portfolio, the app that comes with the Photography package. It was a lot of work to build and maintain with practically zero traffic. At this point, I'm entirely a hobbyist. No need for anyone to come looking for me.

I finally gave up and limited it to a single page. I use it as an electronic business card. If I'm out in the field and someone asks about what I'm shooting, I'll pull this up on my phone. That little QR code at the bottom is a link to the page online. Punching the icon pulls up a bigger QR image that can be scanned easily by another phone. They now have my contact info.

This is my website, in its entirety.

BCard2.jpg

Basic.... with the specific purpose really just to ensure I have an online presence for anyone using the Google, and they can contact me if need be. Sales are mostly through local gallery exhibitions (and gallery websites post exhibition) which I aim to do three or four of per year.

Back
Top Bottom