Olympus PEN cameras

I sent my OM-1 for a checkup after it rolled out of car onto the ground. So been shooting with my Pen and 12-100. Was concerned about balance but no issues. One of my personal projects for 2024 is to find/photograph faces in trees while on my walks. A few so far
53571515621_bd2f90f3b3_o.jpeg53586491762_3a1ca856ec_o.jpeg

I sent my OM-1 for a checkup after it rolled out of car onto the ground. So been shooting with my Pen and 12-100. Was concerned about balance but no issues. One of my personal projects for 2024 is to find/photograph faces in trees while on my walks. A few so far
View attachment 51035View attachment 51036
Good to hear the OM-1 is ok 😊👍

And what a great idea for a 2024 challenge. 🌟🌟🌟

This was interesting today.

For the first time, I twiddled the "mono/colour" switch on the front of my PEN today...
...AND, after turning a few degrees, I took an ordinary "manual mode" photo, and then tweaked it via some editing software.

I like both.
Which surprised me 🤣

Can you tell which is which?

Exhibit A
P4090038-01.jpeg
Exhibit B
P4090036-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Another chance for PEN play today.
I don't know... 🤔
...four lenses and a camera body in a small shoulder bag, which is capable of images like this.

How do they do it? 🤷‍♂️

P4100031-01.jpeg

And, a new lesson today.
While enjoying low-level photography, don't put your knee into a pile of these!
😳

P4100022-01.jpeg

Hahaha...
I just found this old snap, from when I first bought my PEN EP-5, and was comparing it with a similar FoV lens as the Sigma on my Canon 6D.
2020-08-25-05.jpeg
The difference in bulk is like chalk and cheese. While the image quality from m43 is now 99% of APS-C or FF, thanks to improvements in noise removal software, etc.

I loved my Canons, but easy to carry around, they most certainly weren't.
😱

Sadly, my EP-5 above died in the end.

So here's an EP-7 (replacement camera) shot, to keep the praise of PEN cameras up there 🤩

P4220036-01-01.jpeg

Although the improvements weren't radical, I've been more impressed then I would've expected 😁

Hahaha...
I just found this old snap, from when I first bought my PEN EP-5, and was comparing it with a similar FoV lens as the Sigma on my Canon 6D.
View attachment 62806
The difference in bulk is like chalk and cheese. While the image quality from m43 is now 99% of APS-C or FF, thanks to improvements in noise removal software, etc.

I loved my Canons, but easy to carry around, they most certainly weren't.
😱
Understand, after almost 30 years of Canon made the switch to Olympus Don't miss it

From today's wedding venue.

Although not only here, I've now officiated at over 3,200 weddings.
😍💒😄

P4290043-01.jpeg

No matter where I go, carrying my PEN EP-7 and four lenses inside my small shoulder-bag means I can satisfy my desire to photograph, anywhere, anytime.
☺️👍

Back
Top Bottom