BOKEH BOKEH BOKEH - The Good and the Ugly

I don't really know where to put these lovely characters who made me smile, when out for lunch in a remarkable restaurant today.

So I hope the bokeh is sufficient, and that they bring a smile to your face(s) too.

P3300005-01.jpeg

Cracking shot...
...but on my smartphone, that bokeh is "ouchy-ouchy" 🤣
How is it, on a bigger screen?
Sparkly. I agree it is a bit harsh though. Obviously the bird is backlit, but I can't remember whether I was shooting directly into the sun (I was on a boat). I killed the highlights completely in Camera Raw and set the contrast to -20. Maybe I should have set the latter to more like -60, though I'm not sure whether it's an improvement.
Arctic Tern.jpg

Sparkly. I agree it is a bit harsh though. Obviously the bird is backlit, but I can't remember whether I was shooting directly into the sun (I was on a boat). I killed the highlights completely in Camera Raw and set the contrast to -20. Maybe I should have set the latter to more like -60, though I'm not sure whether it's an improvement.
View attachment 57363
Thanks for the reply. 😁👍

What I like about this thread is the encouragement to include good & bad bokeh...
...which is, of course, partly subjective.

One man's "bokeh-licious" is another man's "bokeh-barf".
😎

Mum (the horticulturalist) is here, and said she'd never seen anything like it in the UK.

As for me, being less use than a wet bag of cement when it comes to flower-type things, I just liked the colour and bokeh 😊

P4100014-01.jpeg

Canon EOS 5D/Canon EF 135mm f/2 L USM

49861144757_d2c9af5d9f_b.jpg

49861144597_a235a37164_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom