Sony Lounge Thread GM-CR MK IV-A

Does anyone actually use those Cobalt profiles then?

I'm interested in the Portra 400 one for sure! Mainly to compare with what I already use.

Does anyone actually use those Cobalt profiles then?

I'm interested in the Portra 400 one for sure! Mainly to compare with what I already use.
I still haven’t had time to try them yet Lee but just wanted to say reallygoodpresets has a portrait 400 one that might be of interest to you.

Congrats on the new job Travis! What’s the 2 eco systems you are considering for medium format? I assume Fuji GFX is one

I still haven’t had time to try them yet Lee but just wanted to say reallygoodpresets has a portrait 400 one that might be of interest to you.

I'm being fussy. I wanted more of a profile than a preset with sliders all over the place.

Congrats on the new job Travis! What’s the 2 eco systems you are considering for medium format? I assume Fuji GFX is one

If it's Hasselblad it's a really, really good new job :)

No worries Lee

I was just being curious on the MF question as literally no idea who is in the market apart from Fuji as have never looked into it 👍🏻

No worries Lee

I was just being curious on the MF question as literally no idea who is in the market apart from Fuji as have never looked into it 👍🏻

I think Pentax do a MF too. Fuji seems the more popular and value for money though I think.

Hope everyone is doing well. Saw MedicineMan (Robert) posting at FM. Been a long time since he has other than Flickr. He is shooting a Sigma 500mm, f5.6 lens which is a new offering. It looks interesting.

Texas Thistle with Fireflies

Hope everyone is doing well. Saw MedicineMan (Robert) posting at FM. Been a long time since he has other than Flickr. He is shooting a Sigma 500mm, f5.6 lens which is a new offering. It looks interesting.

Texas Thistle with Fireflies

Hi Bill, nice shot.
Yeah I've been looking at some of his ( Robert's ) posts with the new Sigma, from an IQ perspective looks really good however I can't get over the 15fps limitation and the lack of TC support so as much as I would like to have something in that size and weight it's off the table for me personally.

Really cool shot Travis!! I love that you're going to make photography fun again. I've had serious thoughts of doing professional photography in the past, but I could sense that it would rip the fun out of it and just make photography a stress-maker instead of a stress-reliever.

OTOH, I hate that you're going medium format (away from Sony) because it means we'll see you even less around here. :) Seriously though, digital medium format is truly special and I look at a lot of images in the Fuji GFX threads and groups on Flickr and FM and am always in awe of the image quality. So, that will be an awesome move - especially for you!

I hope your new job turns out the way you're hoping it will...best wishes to you on that.
Thanks David. The reality is, there are still things that I will want to take pictures of...that a MF camera can't handle...I can't decide on giving up certain things...or just going with it for the time being and enjoying it. I have not started the job yet, but everything that has gone on so far has be feeling like I made the right decision...these jobs come open when someone retires or dies...thankfully my chance came due to retirement.
Gorgeous Travis!
Thank you sir.
Fuji MF is for girls anyway Travis...... You don't want that ;) Stick with us Full Frame peasants :)

On a serious note though, hope it all works out as you've planned mate :) I've been taking some images myself, but not really had any big adventures & dedicated trips this year yet - waiting for clear night skies for that. Plenty of plans, just need he weather to play ball!
Fuji is one of the ones I am looking at...and leaning more toward. The other was the Hasselblad 907...that form factor is appealing, and it just looks so cool.
Fuji GFX and the Hassy 907x with preferably the 100MP back...but the 50 would be fine too.
I'm being fussy. I wanted more of a profile than a preset with sliders all over the place.

If it's Hasselblad it's a really, really good new job :)
Well I would have to sell everything except the two bits of kit that went for a swim...so an a9, FX3, A1, 70-200, 35GM, 16-35, and the 85GM which would be a loss since it has a tiny little imperfection on the glass...

But...I have watched too many videos...each ecosystem has its issues...and if it is the 50MP system, the images don't look all that different as far as IQ, sharpness and such as those from the A1. Which I still love...I have yet to update FW on either of them because I don't want them to stop working. Since I won't be making that kind of extra money...reality is...MF is a pipe dream. But its kinda fun to dream sometimes...if nothing else it means that photography is coming back around to something I want to do for fun and creativity again.

Thanks David. The reality is, there are still things that I will want to take pictures of...that a MF camera can't handle...I can't decide on giving up certain things...or just going with it for the time being and enjoying it. I have not started the job yet, but everything that has gone on so far has be feeling like I made the right decision...these jobs come open when someone retires or dies...thankfully my chance came due to retirement.

Thank you sir.

Fuji is one of the ones I am looking at...and leaning more toward. The other was the Hasselblad 907...that form factor is appealing, and it just looks so cool.

Fuji GFX and the Hassy 907x with preferably the 100MP back...but the 50 would be fine too.

Well I would have to sell everything except the two bits of kit that went for a swim...so an a9, FX3, A1, 70-200, 35GM, 16-35, and the 85GM which would be a loss since it has a tiny little imperfection on the glass...

But...I have watched too many videos...each ecosystem has its issues...and if it is the 50MP system, the images don't look all that different as far as IQ, sharpness and such as those from the A1. Which I still love...I have yet to update FW on either of them because I don't want them to stop working. Since I won't be making that kind of extra money...reality is...MF is a pipe dream. But its kinda fun to dream sometimes...if nothing else it means that photography is coming back around to something I want to do for fun and creativity again.
Best of luck to you, Travis. I hope we still see you in the Sony camp but life, right?

Hi Bill, nice shot.
Yeah I've been looking at some of his ( Robert's ) posts with the new Sigma, from an IQ perspective looks really good however I can't get over the 15fps limitation and the lack of TC support so as much as I would like to have something in that size and weight it's off the table for me personally.
Jose, I agree with you. Sigma and Tamron make some great lenses but often stop just short.

haha, yeah mate, I have the unit next to Chris. Known him for around 10 years :)
Though so 😁 once he mentioned your printing business I figured had to be you since didn’t see your face for long enough haha

Back
Top Bottom