• ANNOUNCEMENT

We have added a Micro Four Thirds (M43) forum in the gear section.
    The Olympus gear forum has been merged with it.
    It's here

A way to get back...

Wilt

Image Editing
Yes
Wish list for enhancement to FOP capability...
  • Similar in function to the FYEO (For Your Eyes Only) button, which would take you back to a chronological list of the threads which a member had visited previously, so one could more easily follow up on a post for which you wish to now post a Reply.

That's what Watch is for (top right of a thread), though you must click that to keep the thread actively appearing on your "Watched" list. Also, when you post in a thread, by default, you will be "watching" it (unless you nuke that function is preferences). In the top menu bar of the page is "Watched" where you can drill down deeper. It isn't exactly FYEO, but it is about the closest to that function that XenForo offers.

That's what Watch is for (top right of a thread), though you must click that to keep the thread actively appearing on your "Watched" list. Also, when you post in a thread, by default, you will be "watching" it (unless you nuke that function is preferences). In the top menu bar of the page is "Watched" where you can drill down deeper. It isn't exactly FYEO, but it is about the closest to that function that XenForo offers.
Thx, that might work sufficiently...something better than nothing.
The only trouble is that one cannot READ only, and later come back to POST after doing some research or testing...one has to POST first for the thread to appear in the Watched list. I guess that posting 'place holder post, pending later test/research' and edit out that text when the research/test has been finished sufficiently.

one has to POST first for the thread to appear in the Watched list.

You don't have to post at all. Just click Watch. That action will place the thread in your Watched list.

EDIT: Adding that there is also an Un-Watch action if you wish to remove a thread or sub-forum from your Watched List.

Last edited:
There are so many ways in which you can keep up with traffic on FoP: Watched threads, Find threads, New Posts, Latest Activity, Your News Feed (for the people you follow). If new posts were added to a thread since you last visited it, the title shows in bold, if not, it shows in regular.

Also, in New Posts you can filter what you want to see.

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-01-09 om 09.44.16.png

I'm here for the food!

Then you're in luck. After we unloaded the truck earlier today, the vending machines in the hallway to the break room and the fridge in the break room have been restocked again. Your favorite candy bars, if I'm remembering correctly, have also arrived from Australia. Cherry Ripes, right?

A little update. I have just installed a new menu tab, called: History.

You can find it in the top menu under Forums, and it shows you the last 50 threads you visited, whether you posted in them or not.
I've also changed the order of the submenu under Forums to something more logical (to me anyway).

Schermafbeelding 2024-01-12 om 00.45.00.png

Click it and you get a list of all your visited threads. Once a visited thread has new posts, the title becomes bold and if you click it, you will be taken to the new post in the thread.

Schermafbeelding 2024-01-12 om 00.43.46.png

Hey, that's really cool. :cool: The other XF forums I frequent don't have anything like this history feature. I like the spread sheet layout. (y)

Yup. Got me a cardboard cop car like Myrtle Beach SC. Everybody slams their brakes now

Well, about the brake slamming, when I leave to go to work and then open up FoP upon my return, my notifications can be near 100, just like the good 'ol days of POTN. Very difficult to keep up. I try, but I can't. Some threads must stay un-read. FoP or not, I still need to sleep a few hours per night.

Even my new car can't accelerate fast enough to look into all my updated subscribed threads. FoP is like a 1,000 pound gorilla.

i-tfvhQxx-L.jpg

make that a 100,000 pound gorilla.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom