Sony Lounge Thread GM-CR MK IV-A

Nice ones Daniel. Sigma 50mm 1.2 DG DN | ART is next? [EDIT: Nevermind…I just saw your comment leaning towards 50mm 1.4 GM. ;) ]
Funny you ask that, I just had a look and was shocked but not surprised.

Sigma 50mm f/1.2 RRP: $2885 AUD… Eventually we’ll have 20% off sales so will be more like $2300 AUD.
The 50GM f/1.2 you can get for $2200 AUD on sale and the 50GM f/1.4 can be $1499 AUD on sale so no matter how good the Sigma is, no way I could justify paying more than either GM lens…

Here are the best of my London snaps on the run! Covent Garden and Leicester Square, all with the 50mm.

The first one is the boss trying some arty shots with her phone! :giggle:

Not sure why, but I quite like the pic of the view from our room!!

Getting arty by Jonathan Millard, on Flickr

Victoria Embankment Gardens by Jonathan Millard, on Flickr

Room inside by Jonathan Millard, on Flickr

Room outside by Jonathan Millard, on Flickr
Great shots Jon and hope you enjoyed the holiday!

Was wondering why this thread was so quiet but just realised I haven’t been getting notifications for a while and there actually were posts!

In other news - saddened to see that Alyn Wallace has passed! Bit of a shock to read that today.

Here are the best of my London snaps on the run! Covent Garden and Leicester Square, all with the 50mm.

The first one is the boss trying some arty shots with her phone! :giggle:

Not sure why, but I quite like the pic of the view from our room!!

Getting arty by Jonathan Millard, on Flickr
Nice! Just curious - do the phone booths still actually have phones in them? :unsure:

Was wondering why this thread was so quiet but just realised I haven’t been getting notifications for a while and there actually were posts!

In other news - saddened to see that Alyn Wallace has passed! Bit of a shock to read that today.
Hi Eddie, yeah, sad hear about Alyn as well. From his videos he had such a nice way about him. A real shame. :cry:

I had been wondering why you went quiet lately Eddie… :)

Last edited:
Lovely pic Lee. You are getting a bit used to that 24mm goodness! ;)

Lee, YOU are the master of the 24mm GM…awesome shot! :)

Thank you both. To be honest, I usually find composing with 24mm a bit awkward because I'm just not used to shooting that wide but I do think it works well here and glad I took it with me! It usually stays at home alongside my night sky kit. The reason I sold the 20G was I couldn't use it for anything but night skies :ROFLMAO:

Hi Jon,

Funny you say that as I’d always argue with people on CR forums that claim 3rd party RF gear isn’t needed as they have EF lenses but the RF pricing is also insane here due to no competition.

Even if someone refuses to use third party gear, it puts presssure on all the first parties to competitively price their gear so a win for us.

The lens does look very nice but I’d probably go for the 50GM f/1.4 too, purely due to its size, weight and excellent IQ.

They got 35 and 50 f/1.2’s so I’d have to think an 85mm will be next!
bull crap! 3rd party helps competition and gives options for those who want to budget. And can even be better than 1st party. For example, Nikon. I would go full Sigma if I was a Nikon shooter. Would think the same for Canon if I had canon.

Definitely would get the sigma for my leica L-mount camera. Leica's 50 1.4 L mount goes for $6.5k plus tax usd, compare that to Sigma and with close to the same optic and AF. No brainer there. Rumors is Sigma makes L mount lens for Leica and I wouldn't be surprised.

Back
Top Bottom