• ANNOUNCEMENT

Editing time now unlimited! For more information, read the thread in FAQs and Best Practices

Show your "Are you looking at me?" shots

Now, See Here!!!

Taken of the female tiger at the Auckland Zoo, educating her young cub.
View attachment 70173Hand-held, available light (of course!) Eye/face tracking, single point BBF (on cub's eye) and single point BB metering (on greenery).
Oh my, Trevor, what a magnificent shot. The expression on the face of the little one is priceless. Awesome shot.

Oh my, Trevor, what a magnificent shot. The expression on the face of the little one is priceless. Awesome shot.
Thank you Levina, that is very much appreciated. She was learning about chasing and hunting, but got a bit over-excited and bit her mum a trifle too hard and too often, so she got told. I watched them, entranced, for almost an hour - priceless...

Thank you Levina, that is very much appreciated. She was learning about chasing and hunting, but got a bit over-excited and bit her mum a trifle too hard and too often, so she got told. I watched them, entranced, for almost an hour - priceless...
So that is what was going on! Wonderful to know. Funny too, that the cub played too rough and was put in her place by her mum.
It's wonderful to take the time and observe the animals we shoot, isn't it? We can learn so much from that and become better photographers as a result.

So that is what was going on! Wonderful to know. Funny too, that the cub played too rough and was put in her place by her mum.
It's wonderful to take the time and observe the animals we shoot, isn't it? We can learn so much from that and become better photographers as a result.
I love the oops look on the cub's face!
One of the gifts of photography is to make us be in the moment, and actively observe and this certainly was the case here. The little cub and mother were an absolute joy and privilege to watch together.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom