Post your Bird Portraits

Tom these really are beautiful.
Such a lovely capture.
Curious how close you can get to these?
I no doubt they're aware of your presence. Are they like some birds here that aren't fazed by us?

Fantastic way to start the weekend with a sight like that :giggle:
Hi Richard...

Thanks so much for your comments. I'm about 20 yards (about 18 meters) from them. Their burrow is alongside a dirt farming road which gets frequent traffic from big tractors and other farm equipment. They're very wary, but they're also used to human activity around them.

By the way, I've always enjoyed your photographs, especially of the Superb Fairy Wrens both here and the old POTN. Like the Burrowing Owls, they are such unique characters, and your photographs show them in all their glory.

Tom

Hi Richard...

Thanks so much for your comments. I'm about 20 yards (about 18 meters) from them. Their burrow is alongside a dirt farming road which gets frequent traffic from big tractors and other farm equipment. They're very wary, but they're also used to human activity around them.

By the way, I've always enjoyed your photographs, especially of the Superb Fairy Wrens both here and the old POTN. Like the Burrowing Owls, they are such unique characters, and your photographs show them in all their glory.

Tom
Thanks Tom
Glad you like our little wrens and really appreciate your kind compliments.

What a striking and contrasty birb! Made an evening stop at the local wildlife refuge after work in the dim lighting and didn't expect much, but the place was pretty lively with smaller birds including some quick colorful blurs, one which perched and a bad angle but I tried the shot anyway. Thought the image was pretty much a dud until I loaded it up in dark table.

Was under exposed and just meh, so I guess just an bird on a stick ID photo of a Bullocks Oriole?

I'll take it :)nicecolor.jpg

Back
Top Bottom