• ANNOUNCEMENT

Editing time now unlimited! For more information, read the thread in FAQs and Best Practices

Welcome Tom. I remember you very well from the old RRTP threads on POTN. So glad you found us here at Focus. I think you'll find this place much like the old POTN but on a smaller scale. Lots of very talented and chatty folks. Still trying to figure out what the obsession was with spleens and why so many wanted to kick them around in the old RRTP threads. :) Welcome.
Those were good times. I miss Dan Campbell's cartoons, and a lot of the silly banter we engaged in. Since I've relocated to Nevada, I've had a meetup with CFPackerFan (Catherine Freitas) and Zane, and later this month Neil Rice will be in town. Many of my Facebook friends are carryovers from the RRTP days. They've helped me keep my sanity (such as it is)

Good Afternoon,

I joined earlier in the week and was quickly welcomed by Levina; most appreciated. I'm a retired military warfighter and engineer for a few of the DoD specialty organizations. I have now settled into teaching, both at the secondary and post-secondary level. Currently on the mend from open-heart surgery (triple bypass and a mitral valve) so I'm like a turtle some days, slow but I get there. I enjoy wildlife, shoot from my kayak, and high school sports (gymnastics, lacrosse, baseball and softball), of which I provide images to the students on secured Google Drives for their use. I still shoot film, mostly B&W that I develop and print/scan in my wet/dry darkroom; formats include 35mm, 2-1/4, and 4x5.

Looking forward to meeting and sharing here...

Regards,

Edd

Good Afternoon,

I joined earlier in the week and was quickly welcomed by Levina; most appreciated. I'm a retired military warfighter and engineer for a few of the DoD specialty organizations. I have now settled into teaching, both at the secondary and post-secondary level. Currently on the mend from open-heart surgery (triple bypass and a mitral valve) so I'm like a turtle some days, slow but I get there. I enjoy wildlife, shoot from my kayak, and high school sports (gymnastics, lacrosse, baseball and softball), of which I provide images to the students on secured Google Drives for their use. I still shoot film, mostly B&W that I develop and print/scan in my wet/dry darkroom; formats include 35mm, 2-1/4, and 4x5.

Regards,

Edd
You sound like a man of many talents, Edd, and experienced in multiple fields. I am sorry to hear of your health problems. Ageing isn't always a blessing, is it? Good though that it doesn't get you down but that you keep busy, even if it is at a slower pace. Staying active is good for both body and mind. :thumbsup:

I'm really glad you found us and decided to join. I'm looking forward to your contributions. ;love;

Good Afternoon,

Regards,

Edd
Welcome Edd, glad you found your way here. I came from a film background though I gave up the darkroom and film quite some time ago. Looking forward to seeing some of your work especially the large format stuff. I'd love to get back into film, especially large format. That stuff is crazy sharp and detailed.

A 'few' of us here came from a film background because they hadn't invented digital yet! I built two darkrooms over the years. Mostly did B&W but got into Cibachrome for a while. I must admit I much prefer the digital darkroom now.

Welcome aboard!

Hello, everyone. I'm newly back into photography, and very much looking forward to getting to know you all. I was once a moderator and admin on Photograpy-On-The-Net (POTN), but walked away from that and photography in general during a period of turmoil and traumatic changes in my life including the passing of my dear wife of 60+ years. That's her in my avatar. I decided to get back into photography to pass my idle hours, and after assessing my gear, decided I might as well make a quantum leap into the state of the art. I'm now the proud owner of an RP and R6 Mk II. I have a few EF lenses left from my earlier days, and with an adapter, they are very serviceable and useful. I have bought a couple RF lenses including most recently the 100-500L, and have been thrilled at their performance.

I live in Henderson, Nevada, but refuse to admit that I live in the Las Vegas area. This is a beautiful part of the country, and I thoroughly expect to take advantage of the countless photo opportunities in Southern Nevada. All I have to do is drive AROUND Vegas, and I'll be in a photographer's paradise.

If any of you remember me from the old POTN days, I'd really love to hear from you.
Hi, good to see you made it here and that your are back into the photography game.

Hello, everyone. I'm newly back into photography, and very much looking forward to getting to know you all. I was once a moderator and admin on Photograpy-On-The-Net (POTN), but walked away from that and photography in general during a period of turmoil and traumatic changes in my life including the passing of my dear wife of 60+ years. That's her in my avatar. I decided to get back into photography to pass my idle hours, and after assessing my gear, decided I might as well make a quantum leap into the state of the art. I'm now the proud owner of an RP and R6 Mk II. I have a few EF lenses left from my earlier days, and with an adapter, they are very serviceable and useful. I have bought a couple RF lenses including most recently the 100-500L, and have been thrilled at their performance.

I live in Henderson, Nevada, but refuse to admit that I live in the Las Vegas area. This is a beautiful part of the country, and I thoroughly expect to take advantage of the countless photo opportunities in Southern Nevada. All I have to do is drive AROUND Vegas, and I'll be in a photographer's paradise.

If any of you remember me from the old POTN days, I'd really love to hear from you.
Tom,
Welcome and your presence here really brings me back to the good old POTN days. While I was never a big poster, your insights and knowledge, an awesome avatar, along with a great sense of humor were some of the things that made me love that sight, back in the old, strictly Canon days. When I saw that it was gone, it was like an old friend had passed!
So sorry to hear about your wife. My wife & I recently celebrated our 53rd anniversary, so I can well understand your loss. You are doing the right thing by keeping busy!!
On the bright side, I too had lost my interest in photography, although not due to issues like yours, until recently, when planning a major trip to New Zealand and decided I didn't want to carry all that a DSLR requires, so moved to the MFT system with an OM-5. That led me to MU-43.com, which led me to this resurrection of and hopefully improvement upon POTN. I've only been here a few weeks myself, but have found a great friendliness and spirit here.
I look forward to seeing your posts and a rekindling of the spark.

Hey All, I'm a former POTN member. I was mostly active from 2008-2018 and drifted away when I moved over to Fuji from Canon. I would check in once and awhile on POTN because it was full of good info. I just found out it no longer exists, so I came here.

Hey All, I'm a former POTN member. I was mostly active from 2008-2018 and drifted away when I moved over to Fuji from Canon. I would check in once and awhile on POTN because it was full of good info. I just found out it no longer exists, so I came here.
Hi Dave. :wave:

I'm so glad you found us. And that you decided to join. If you were a POTN regular for 10 years you should recognise quite a few names and faces here as many of the active user base on POTN moved here. This forum was built especially for the POTN community in fact and we've tailored it pretty much after POTN, although the software is different of course.

Welcome to Focus on Photography!

Welcome aboard Dave!

Welcome Dave, so glad you found us. As Levina mentioned, there are quite a few former POTNers here as well as new folks.

I just joined here, as a former (but not especially active) old POTN member (with the same user name).

FWIW, I mostly use rangefinder and Canon dSLR gear but sometimes other cameras as well, though I've not made the jump to more recent mirrorless systems (about the closest I have is an old Fujifilm X-Pro 1). The gear I have pretty much suits me, for now, so I've not yet had much interest in getting anything newer.

...Mike

Last edited:
Hey Mike, Welcome! Glad you found the Focus on Photography Forum. I’m sure you will find some familiar folks. Check out the FAQs and Best Practices. If you have questions post them in Forum Talk and your questions will get answered. Make yourself comfy and have fun. We are glad you’re here.

I just joined here, as a former (but not especially active) old POTN member (with the same user name).

FWIW, I mostly use rangefinder and Canon dSLR gear but sometimes other cameras as well, though I've not made the jump to more recent mirrorless systems (about the closest I have is an old Fujifilm X-Pro 1). The gear I have pretty much suits me, for now, so I've not yet had much interest in getting anything newer.

...Mike
Hi Mike! :wave:

I don't know how you found us, almost 5 months after POTN shut down, but I'm so glad you did, and I'm looking forward to seeing you on the board.

Welcome to FoP!

Hi Mike, glad you found us. THis forum isn't so much about building new gear as POTN was in the early days but just a place where photographers can sit around and chat about things photo related, exchange tips, get into a few debates and just have a bit of fun. Join in, I think you'll find this a rather friendly place.

Back
Top Bottom