"It's London, Jim! But not as we know it!"

Skygod44

feeling red-hot
Name
Simon
Image Editing
Yes
The city of my birth has a billion photogenic spots.

But this thread is for the more original, exceedingly well-balanced, or just plain "unusual" images.

I'll kick it off with my view of St.Paul's Cathedral.

Regards,
Simon1000008602.jpg

Yes, I did notice that. I was going to ask you about how you achieved that perspective.
Thanks for the question.

There's actually a tiny, grubby window at the exact centre of the suspended dome of St.Paul's on the inside.

It's really freaky lying down and reaching out to get the shot, knowing that a few hundred years have passed by, making the internals Wren designed nicely weakened!
🤣

Thanks for the question.

There's actually a tiny, grubby window at the exact centre of the suspended dome of St.Paul's on the inside.

It's really freaky lying down and reaching out to get the shot, knowing that a few hundred years have passed by, making the internals Wren designed nicely weakened!
🤣
It would be quite the dramatic entry in the middle of the sermon if the ceiling were to give way.

Great start to a great thread, Simon.
The conversation alone is worth a visit.

Already looking forward to the next image!
Thanks a lot.

OK, well, you asked for it 😂
Another unusual shot of "London".

Here's the velvet covered toilet of King William III (1650-1702).

It's amazing to think that the Romans had installed free-flowing "let's all sh1t together" toilets along Hadrian's Wall by AD50, and yet Willie The 3rd from Holland was still dumping in a box 1,675 years later.
1000008879.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a lot.

It's amazing to think that the Romans had installed free-flowing "let's all sh1t together" toilets along Hadrian's Wall by AD50, and yet Willy The 3rd from Holland was still dumping in a box 1,675 years later.
View attachment 4821
And then they say the Dutch were always so clean… 🧻🧻🧻🛀🧽

Thanks a lot.

It's amazing to think that the Romans had installed free-flowing "let's all sh1t together" toilets along Hadrian's Wall by AD50, and yet Willy The 3rd from Holland was still dumping in a box 1,675 years later.
View attachment 4821
Bet he didn’t empty the box himself.

One for our lovely American members.
A pub (bar) older than your country.
This should explain why Brits are such a load of alcoholics, who will not stop drinking beer which is dark brown, and warm(ish).
1000008877.jpg

careful - I'm British... :cool: can't stand warm beer thought!
Hahahaha...
I'm only teasing our American 'cousins'.
😉
And when I worked in the industry I learned that "chilled" covers poorly finished flavours, so although I don't like "warm beer" either, when it's cold enough to make your teeth hurt, be suspicious.

Back
Top Bottom