• ANNOUNCEMENT

Editing time now unlimited! For more information, read the thread in FAQs and Best Practices

Fuji Users Unite - Post your comments, questions and images here

i know its just a 2mm difference but the i'm really enjoying the 18mm over the 16mm for every day carry. great for friends and family gatherings, date night, close ups of cats and really loving it for street.
i find it perfectly wide, while the 16 just felt a little too wide (for my taste)

DSCF0750-Edit by Randall Herrera, on Flickr

DSCF0331 by Randall Herrera, on Flickr

Take a photo of a color checker card and look at it on each monitor, then you can easily adjust by eye. Did that for my TV and it worked out good. (I can send you an image of one if you need).

"easily adjust by eye"? .. tried this and um.. maybe easily for a pro like you, but i struggled and got frustrated lol.
What screen do you have and what laptop?
sorry, didnt see this message. my main monitor is a Dell up2716d. the laptop is a (eighish year old) microsoft xps.

in any case i bought a datacolor spyder pro and it worked. i should have done this ages ago could have avoided so much export, tweak, exort, tweak frustrations. what i see on my monitor is now what i see on other devices (give or take a little of course, devices are different , some warmer, some cooler)

Reactions: Kim
I've been asked to send my H2S to Fujifilm so they can troubleshoot my body. Anyone sent their stuff of to Fujfilm UK before? I just need a rough estimate of how long the turn around usually is..

i know its just a 2mm difference but the i'm really enjoying the 18mm over the 16mm for every day carry. great for friends and family gatherings, date night, close ups of cats and really loving it for street.
i find it perfectly wide, while the 16 just felt a little too wide (for my taste)

DSCF0750-Edit by Randall Herrera, on Flickr

DSCF0331 by Randall Herrera, on Flickr
Same story with me! 16mm just too wide and awkward for me, yet 18 is perfect, can’t get enough of it. Which 18 are you shooting with in these?

i know its just a 2mm difference but the i'm really enjoying the 18mm over the 16mm for every day carry.

Same story with me! 16mm just too wide and awkward for me, yet 18 is perfect, can’t get enough of it. Which 18 are you shooting with in these?

The AOV is a significant difference for sure. The 18mm wins for EDC versatility--even more so than 23mm IMO, but I do prefer 16mm and even 13mm specifically for street.

It's the 1.4,. Enjoying the field of view so much I think I'll eventually get the f2 version as well for its size to pair with a smaller body than the xh2s..

Cat made sure to show me this bee resting amongst the grass in our front garden. I'll check back in on it in 30mins or so to make sure it just needed a rest and not food, sugar water at the ready as always as we get a lot of bees down at times.

DSCF0013 copy 2.jpg

Remember FW recall a couple of days after an update for the XT3 - I managed to break it a few days before release so it took about a week for them to recall it after a long review with me and a senior engineer manager in Japan. They do own up if a mistake is caught but only if they (or one of their xphotogrpahers) can reproduce the issue. Least that’s my experience as there’s been a few as you’d expect for beta FW on a camera. Hope they get you sorted out either way.

Yeah. I wasn't seeing what other people were with the latest firmware, but last weekend I photographed a day's worth of dance in portrait, green boxes on faces. Got back and looked at the images on computer and they're not what I would call sharp.. useable to a certain size, but it's crazy that an update that was meant to improve the focus, actually broke it.. (it's fine in landscape however)..
Would love the ability to be able to roll back firmware updates.,

Reactions: Kim
when i got the xh2s the firmware had just been released and soon as i got it i updated. so i have no idea what the before and after was like. i will say i was not so thrilled with what i was seeing. didn't seem like a difference between my xt4 (in AFC mode). i was hoping it was me doing something wrong but then i saw the videos of people showing examples of failed AF , including in video. i have to admit it really annoyed me. i understand that sometimes these things happen with firmware. Fujifilm wouldn't be the first.

however, things like the touch to focus in video, when the screen is flipped (vlog or self recording style), completely failing is just mind boggling how this made it to the public. tap left side of the screen green box goes to right. tap right, green box to left. lol. how did this get past testing? i find it hard to believe that it worked for fuji when tested, but somehow doesn't for everyone else. it was a serious WTF!? moment. maybe there's more to the testing of firmware that i don't understand. or maybe someone seriously F'd up over at fuji. lucky for me i didn't get this for vlogging or anything like that, but still... its a head scratcher.

At the moment i'm pretty much sticking to AFS... i'm being patient. taking deep breaths.DSCF0810.jpg

i'm sure they'll sort it out, just wish they'd hurry the F up.

Rant over... for now.

otherwise i really am enjoying the camera.

Back
Top Bottom